jueves, 4 de noviembre de 2010

The best chilean?I don´t think so!!!!

Hello friends!


I just want to say one thing about this topic:It´s very difficult to say who´s the best chilean ever!! Even it´s very hard to me to talk about one of them! So, I´ll try to describe one person who has done very good things,and its deeds have been very important for our country; I mean Pablo Neruda,or Nefatlí Reyes Basoalto.


Ricardo Eliécer Neftalí Reyes Basoalto(Parral,12/07/1904-Santiago of Chile,23/09/1973) was a very important poet and a chilean comunist militant,and he is one of the most important poets in history.In fact, he won the Nobel prize for literature and received a honorary degree for The University Of Oxford. Besides, he was an important political activist and a prominent senator. 


Neruda has written many poetic books,which the most important are:"Veinte poemas de amor y una canción desesperada";"España en el corazón";"Cien sonetos de amor",and many others.He defended our country from Videla´s oppressive government(actually,he oppressed the comunist party,where Neruda was an integrant),publishing very controversial articles and criticizing his governmental management.Finally, he was the Winnipeg manager, the ship that took about two thousand immigrants from France to Chile.

Anyway, his deeds are very important because they helped to chilean people and inspired many people for their carrers and deeds(I don´t really remember who they are,but I´m sure he actually did!).Besides,his deeds have always been very representative for us all.

Finally,if I had to ask him something or say him just one thing (if I could meet him,because he is already dead),it would be:Is Chile a big country,or is Chile a long and very narrow piece of land? Well, I know I can´t do it because he is dead,but I believe it would be worth meeting him. 

Well,guys.This is all I can say for now.

SEE YOU LATER!

6 comentarios:

  1. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Neruda was a good writer, but I can't never understand his metaphors

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hi Martin
    Neruda did not write to many books, but besides that, the few that he wrote make him win the novel price and concecuentely made our country a more reconoceble place. Who does not know Pablo Neruda, I think that this little fact is enough to concider this person a great chilean.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. (...)and then
    we’ll enter you,
    we’ll chop the waves
    with a knife made of fire,
    on an electric horse
    leaping over foam,
    singing
    we’ll sink
    until we touch the bottom
    of your guts,
    an atomic thread (...)
    That is my coment, about Pablo Neruda (extract of "Ode to the Sea")

    ResponderEliminar
  5. he was the best, in his writting style.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. martin, she was a big man, he is a person very important for the country.

    ResponderEliminar